Gastronomic Marketing Research and its influence on restaurant management
Many entrepreneurs passionate about cooking have chosen to venture into their own catering establishments, and thanks to the “influencers of the kitchen” and / or culinary critics of this culinary art has begun to attract much about gastronomy and the culinary revolution of A country highlighting how valuable are its resources and ingredients to obtain great taste products. But there is a drawback, rarely talk about Marketing applied in the culinary sector. Moreover, there are few who deal with this issue in some media and if they do, specialists try to highlight its importance in the management of restaurants, its benefit in profitability, and its contribution of differential value in the brand, products and services. services.
I have worked as a waitress in certain restaurants, I was a cooking student many years ago, I have practiced and worked in some cooking areas in Peruvian restaurants of recognized brands, and I also mention my love for the bakery. The time that I experienced in this sector [and I accept that it was not for a long time because of an injury that I suffered], I have been able to observe some deficiencies for what I mention and I emphasize the importance of Marketing inside and outside these environments. Both, in its influence on the consumer purchase process and its contribution in the work dynamics of its team whose purpose is to satisfy both needs and increase their expectations.
What is gastronomic Marketing?
We have mentioned letters above about gastronomic Marketing but we have not defined what exactly it is. Gastronomic Marketing is about the application of all market methods in the gastronomy sector and the management of efficient strategies that drive the success of catering establishments.
Marketing by itself does not change, it is the market that varies constantly and we must always be predisposed to these changes to be able to adapt. With MARKETING, you never stop learning.
It is recommended that chefs add their passion for gastronomy with management techniques in good marketing practices and other fields that strengthen and provide value to their business.
What are the main reasons why restaurants fail?
There are many gastronomic entrepreneurs, among large restaurants and small Mype businesses, who have been motivated by their dreams to undertake and have mostly done so with no knowledge of this sector. And I do not mean ignorance of the process of production and preparation of their products in the kitchen, since it is clear that the tradition given by his predecessor family and / or training in cooking schools, without a doubt, have allowed the protagonists to master the empirical and theoretical culinary techniques respectively, making the secrets of your kitchen a reality with the splendor of the kitchen.
To resume, in my opinion I referred to the lack of knowledge of gastronomic marketing strategies and the use of communication tools that would promote the growth and sustainable development of restaurants in the digital medium.
Not knowing your sector and not properly managing a restaurant, not identifying well your market and target audience, not innovate in your processes, much less offer memorable experiences to your guests before, during and after your stay at the establishment. It brings with it many consequences including reduced sales, absence of customers, temporary and total closure of businesses, among others.
What can you achieve with gastronomic Marketing?
It is evident that diners do not magically come to restaurants. And it is clear that if the gastronomic entrepreneur does not establish or carry out the appropriate strategies that connect with them, they will not be able to satisfy the needs of their clients, which is the main objective of Marketing.
I will mention only some effects that you can achieve if you link the gastronomic Marketing in the management of your enterprise:
- Be more competitive and be in constant adaptive evolution.
- Improves the image of the restaurant and catering establishment.
- Boost your corporate identity linked to the restaurant brand.
- Differentiate yourself from your competition and give your client value propositions.
- Specialize in a specific market niche. Example: The healthy kitchen.
- Innovate in your production, sales and service processes.
- vendor management system
- Offer an excellent service in every moment of the truth. Ensure that your customers are happy for the good service, friendly treatment and excellent consumer experience by the trained team, promote the reputation of the brand and image of the restaurant.
- Using the brand’s communication tools correctly through social networks allows you to have a presence in the online medium, publicize your products and expand your market over time.
- In the digital age, offering your products through web pages with responsive designs and adaptable to mobile phones and tablets, are highly valued because you can explore and choose products in an accessible, easy and fast way.
- Design and correctly manage the menu according to the value proposal, decorate the premises, adopt a suitable music to the environment, decide the correct location of the establishment, among others.
- Transmit the added value of your restaurant through word of mouth. It is important that your guests and future customers know that you are an excellent choice for consumption and enjoyment.
- Establish strategies to reduce costs that do not affect the profitability of the business, nor the quality of the inputs. What you want to obtain are adequate prices of the final products according to the target.